Key Lime Marshmallow Meringue Tarts Recipe
After spending time last winter in Key West, my husband and I became obsessed with Key lime pie. This is my downsized version of one we tried while spending time in that area. Marshmallow creme is the extra special touch. —Barbara Hahn, Park Hills, Missouri
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, almond paste, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- 2. In large bowl, whisk milk and lime juice. Pour into crusts. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add marshmallow creme, a tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over filling. Return to baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 tarts.
1 tart: 624 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 99g carbohydrate (84g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Key Lime Marshmallow Meringue Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC