Key Lime Marshmallow Meringue Tarts
After spending time last winter in Key West, my husband and I became obsessed with Key lime pie. This is my downsized version of one we tried while spending time in that area. Marshmallow creme is the extra special touch. —Barbara Hahn, Park Hills, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, almond paste, butter and
- sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased
- 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In large bowl, whisk milk and lime juice. Pour into crusts. In a
- large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar
- on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add marshmallow creme, a
- tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Spread
- meringue over filling. Return to baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until meringue is lightly