- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, almond paste, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In large bowl, whisk milk and lime juice. Pour into crusts. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add marshmallow creme, a tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over filling. Return to baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 tarts.
Originally published as Key Lime Marshmallow Meringue Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p159
Reviews for Key Lime Marshmallow Meringue Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review