- 30 minutes. Add vanilla and cream of tartar; beat on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
- beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking
- sheet. With the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Bake at
- 250° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until set and dry. Turn off oven
- and do not open door; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, combine fruits in a small bowl. Spoon ice cream
- into meringue shells. Top with fruit; sprinkle with lime peel.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meringue shell with 3/4 cup ice cream and 3 tablespoons fruit equals 471 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.