Key Lime Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Key lime juice or lime juice
- 12 to 16 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dot with butter; sprinkle with lime juice and pepper sauce. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Key Lime Chicken Thighs(17)
Sort By :
Easy, delicious and very affordable. I made this for our family dinner night over a bed of herbed couscous and a side of mixed vegetables along with multi-grain dinner rolls. I served this with Key Lime Margaritas and a Key Lime Chiffon Dessert. Excellent!
I was out of lime juice so I substituted lemon and it worked just as well. I also used cumin in place of rosemary as I'm not a fan. Prep was easy and the chicken was very juicy and flavorful. This will be my go to chicken recipe from now on.
You're not necessarily supposed to taste the lime. It sort of "cooks" the surface of the chicken and seals in the juices to keep it moist and tender. Mexican cooks have been using this method for a long time and I learned this from them. After covering the meat with the lime juice, you can add whatever seasoning you like and the end result will be juicy and delicious. This seasoning mix looks really good and I plan to use it next time I fix chicken.
This is a good quick dish, but I'd go light on the hot pepper sauce next time because my son thought it was a little too spicy. I didn't really taste much lime flavor, though.
Quick and delicious. :)