- 3/4 cup reduced-fat graham crackers crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup key lime or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sugar substitute, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, lime juice, vanilla, lime peel and food coloring if desired. Pour filling onto crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Key Lime Cheesecake
"I made this for my son's birthday. I used all sugar plus 2 pkgs. reduced fat cream cheese and 1 regular pkg. It came out light and fluffy, not as dense as some cheesecakes. Everyone loved it and said it was "sufficiently limey". The only complaint was that the crust as too thin. Next time I'll double crust ingredients and make a thicker crust."
"I would eat this every day! You would never guess it's made with healthier ingredients. Lime juice from a bottle works just fine if you don't have fresh lime juice on hand. And I didn't bother at all with the foil and went straight to step 2.~ Theresa"
"made it for my daughters birthdayloved it"
"This has become a family favorite, though we often use ready-made chocolate pie crusts -- a good combination of flavors and a faster finish!"
"This was a wonderful cheesecake. I made it for the Nurse Practioner I work for and the rest of Nurse Treatment staff they all loved it."