Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat graham crackers crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup key lime or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sugar substitute, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, lime juice, vanilla, lime peel and food coloring if desired. Pour filling onto crust.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece equals 205 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.