Key Lime Bread Recipe
“I first tasted this deliciously different bread at a friend's house, and she graciously shared the recipe with me,” says Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “It's so easy to make and absolutely yummy!”
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in lime peel, juice and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough lime juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice equals 173 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC