Key Lime Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 30 vanilla wafers, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- KEY LIME LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine flour, wafers, confectioners' sugar and pecans; cover and process until nuts are fine. Add butter; cover and pulse until crumbly.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until blended; spread over crust to edges of pan. In another small bowl, combine sugar and flour; whisk in eggs and lime juice. Gently pour over cream cheese layer.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. Cut into bars. Just before serving, sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar: 153 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Key Lime Bars
"I made this for church dinner. It was a hit with those who like tart favors."
"I love this recipe and have made it over and over. I process the pecans in my small processor seprately and my waffers in my large processer, then blend everything together and then add the butter cut in small bits. I press it down very hard using a spatula into the pan. Makes the house smell delightful while cooking. I use store-bought key lime juice in a bottle. Thank you Kristine."
"This was good, but very tart. Would not use key limes - too much work. May try again with regular limes."
"Simple to make. Taste delicious. Everybody loves them. Great plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I like the crust much better than graham cracker crust. I substitute it in all my recipes that call for a graham cracker crust."
"We all loved these bars and this was without even putting the confectioners sugar on top! I couldn't find key lime juice at the store so I just used lime juice. The crust was a bit too thick but it tastes so great that we didn't mind at all!"
"Wonderful, will be making again."
"Absolutely wonderful! I did use a different crust recipe but only b/c I didn't have vanilla wafers on hand. None of us could quit eating these refreshing bars."
"SO WONDERFUL!! Made this receipe spur of the moment & none of us could quit eating. Definitely added to my keepers list."