This recipe can be used to thicken pan juices that form when meats are braised or cooked in a covered roaster or baking pan with water or broth.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups pan juices
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold water
- Additional water or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour pan juices into a saucepan or return to roasting pan. Combine
- flour and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened, adding additional
- water or broth if necessary. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.