Kentucky Peach Cobbler Recipe
I've made this very easy peach cobbler for years. Not long after my son moved away from home, he called to ask me for the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Arrange peaches in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 2. Pour cold water over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC