Kentucky Peach Cobbler
I've made this very easy peach cobbler for years. Not long after my son moved away from home, he called to ask me for the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large
- bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the
- flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately
- with milk. Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Pour cold water over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.