- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Pour cold water over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Kentucky Peach Cobbler in Country August/September 2002, p49
Reviews for Kentucky Peach Cobbler(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
This is delicious. I doubled the biscuit like topping, cut down on the sugar to be added to the top, and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Canned peaches work too.