Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches Recipe
Hot Brown Sandwiches are as popular in Kentucky as The Derby. Some recipes stack both turkey and ham, although we prefer it without ham. Paired with a side salad, this sandwich makes a hearty meal.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 to 6 slices tomato
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place toast in a baking pan. Top each with 2 slices of turkey; spoon reserved white sauce over turkey. Top each with one cheese slice and 2-3 tomato slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p60
Reviews for Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review