Kentucky Grilled Chicken
This chicken is perfect for an outdoor summer meal, and my family thinks it's fantastic. It takes about an hour on the grill but is worth the wait. I use a new paintbrush to "mop" on the basting sauce.
-Jill Evely, Wilmore, Kentucky
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and
- refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs,
- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place chicken breast bone side down and grill, covered, over indirect
- medium heat for 20 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (with skin removed) equals 283 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 2 fat.