Ken's Sweet Potatoes
This simple recipe turns plain sweet potatoes into a wonderful holiday side dish. The raisins add a nice touch, and the sweet syrup makes the potatoes taste extra-special.
-Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Cook and peel potatoes; allow to cool. Slice and place in a grease
- 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine remaining
- ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour over the
- potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.