Kelsey's Favorite Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Transfer to a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Kelsey's Favorite Cranberry Bread
Sort By :
"I used raspberries instead of cranberries. Since they were very sour, I macerated them in a little sugar for a little while. Next time I will do it with dried cranberries or the ones that some for salads with almonds in it."
"Absolutley love this recipe. Also great because you do not need a mixer to make."
"This looked so good in the magazine that I had to make it. My son loved this bread and ate it every day. The streusel and glaze make this bread so delicious! I always make two loaves and freeze one."
"The bread baked beautifully but was way too tart for my liking. Unfortunately no one would eat it. I thought it would be promising but it was not what I had expected it to be."
"I made this today, and it was way too tart for any of us to eat. No offense to the one who posted this, but I won't be making this again."