Kelsey's Favorite Cranberry Bread Recipe
My granddaughter, Kelsey, and I saw this recipe and decided we needed to bake together. Kelsey and her sister, Aidan, don't like nuts so I omitted them from the original recipe and added golden raisins. —Annette Grahl, Midway, Kentucky
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Transfer to a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 260 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC