Kathy's Herbed Corn
My husband and I agreed that the original recipe for this corn needed a little jazzing up, so I added the thyme and cayenne pepper to suit our tastes. Now fresh summer corn makes a regular appearance on our grill.
—Kathy VonKorff, North College Hill, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ears sweet corn, husked
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Spread
- 1 tablespoon mixture over each ear of corn. Wrap corn individually
- in heavy-duty foil.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until tender,
- turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.