Kathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie Recipe
One of the inn's most popular dessert choices is this easy-to-make pie full of old-fashioned flavor. The recipe was perfected by Mast Farm Inn's capable baker, Kathy Ragan.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and sugar; stir in the butter. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour into crust; sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 391 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC