VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and sugar; stir in the butter. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour into crust; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie in Country April/May 1991, p15
Reviews forKathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2011
"It's so lacking I don't know what to say. I'll never make this again."