One of the inn's most popular dessert choices is this easy-to-make pie full of old-fashioned flavor. The recipe was perfected by Mast Farm Inn's capable baker, Kathy Ragan.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and sugar; stir in the butter. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour into crust; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie in Country April/May 1991, p15
Reviews for Kathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2011
"It's so lacking I don't know what to say. I'll never make this again."