- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 quart sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork and onion. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 519 calories, 39 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,509 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer