Kansas Cucumber Salad
Cucumbers are my very favorite garden vegetable, so I use this recipe often. I got it from a friend 8 years ago. I've heard this refreshing dish keeps very well in the refrigerator, but it goes so fast around our house, I've never found out for myself.
-Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine Miracle Whip, sugar, vinegar, dill and salt
- if desired; mix well. Add cucumbers and onions; toss. Cover and
- chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 2/3 cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and without added salt) equals 126 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.