Kale with Portobellos Recipe
I love to entertain and I always receive requests for this dish. It's so easy to prepare.—Karen Rietenbach, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add kale; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain kale and return to the pan. Stir in the mushroom mixture, beans, sugar and salt; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC