Kale Salad Recipe
I love making meals that wow everyone. The flavor and nutrition in this kale dish set it apart from other 30-minute creations. — Gina Myers, Spokane, Washington
- 10 cups sliced kale (about 1 bunch)
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1. Place kale in a large bowl. With clean hands, massage kale until leaves become soft and darkened, about 2-3 minutes; stir in apple.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup equals 113 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC