I'm always making different kinds of flatbreads at home for my wife and me. We love kale, so this recipe just seemed perfect for a quick dinner. It was immediately our favorite flatbread pizza once we tried it. We like to top it with cooked shrimp before baking it, too. —Adam Strickland, Brooklyn, New York
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale leaves
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 whole grain naan flatbreads
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 pickled hot cherry peppers, chopped
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place first six ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Add ricotta cheese; pulse just until combined.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Spread with kale mixture; top with artichoke hearts. Bake until crust is lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Top with peppers and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kale Pesto Flatbread in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p193
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Kale Pesto Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review