I'm always making different kinds of flatbreads at home for my wife and me. We love kale, so this recipe just seemed perfect for a quick dinner. It was immediately our favorite flatbread pizza once we tried it. We like to top it with cooked shrimp before baking it, too. —Adam Strickland, Brooklyn, New York
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale leaves
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 whole grain naan flatbreads
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 pickled hot cherry peppers, chopped
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place first six ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Add ricotta cheese; pulse just until combined.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Spread with kale mixture; top with artichoke hearts. Bake until crust is lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Top with peppers and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kale Pesto Flatbread in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p193