Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette Recipe
- 10 kale leaves, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1. Divide kale and basil among eight salad plates. Top with sprouts, bacon, cheese, avocado, egg and tomatoes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette
"I never knew kale was so yummy. The dressing is great!"
"Wonderful recipe and a great way to use kale. I used only 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and didn't notice it was missing."