Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette Recipe
Totally scrumptious and packed with nutrition, this salad was my response to friends who asked how they could incorporate kale into their diets without sacrificing taste. It is also wonderful made with collard or mustard greens, prepared in the same fashion as the kale, or with a mix of spinach & arugula or watercress. —Elizabeth Warren, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 10 kale leaves, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1. Divide kale and basil among eight salad plates. Top with sprouts, bacon, cheese, avocado, egg and tomatoes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC