Kalamata Cheesecake Appetizer Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Halved pitted kalamata olives and fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add egg and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chopped olives and minced rosemary. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cheesecake from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with halved olives and rosemary sprigs if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
1 slice (calculated without toppings): 142 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Kalamata Cheesecake Appetizer
"Incredible flavor combination. The pecans in the crust balanced the saltiness of the olives. The creaminess of the cheesecake brought it all together. Served it at a dinner party to rave reviews and requests for the recipe."
"I didn't like the crust. I ended up using the filling as a spread on crackers and that was pretty good."
"We made this for Easter and it was out of this world. Didn't change a thing."