Kahlua Truffles Recipe
I discovered this recipe tucked away in a box of my mother's things. It's such a sweet way to remember her at Christmastime. —Betsy King, Duluth, MN
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup salted roasted almonds or pistachios, chopped
- 1. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to double boiler, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- 3. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua and cream cheese until blended. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to shape.
- 4. Place almonds in a small bowl. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC