- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup salted roasted almonds or pistachios, chopped
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to double boiler, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua and cream cheese until blended. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to shape.
- Place almonds in a small bowl. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forKahlua Truffles
"Betsy, thanks so much for sharing your Mother's recipe---I just made these, this evening. They are delicious! Just wanted you to know that others will be enjoying your Mom's treat, this year---Merry Christmas to you!"