I always double this recipe so everyone gets a piece. If the glaze is too sweet, use one square of unsweetened chocolate and two of semisweet.—Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, ON
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in cocoa until blended. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens and a thermometer reads 160°, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine butter and Kahlua. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until set.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Kahlua Dream Bars in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p119
Reviews for Kahlua Dream Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review