- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I expected to be wowed by a turkey meatloaf with the flavors of Thanksgiving, I followed the recipe to a T, and was disappointed. The meat loaf mixture is way too moist (from the moisture in the ground turkey) and made for a sodden meat loaf. The topping was way too "liquid-y" to form anything like a caramelized glaze., and was way too sweet. Maybe increasing the hot sauce would have helped. Will not make this again."
"This is so easy and delicious. I omitted the cranberries, since no one in my family eats them. Awesome!!"
"Made this for dinner and it was very delicious. I loved the taste better than most other meatloaf recipes that I have tried. I didn't have a carrot, so instead I substituted zucchini. Will be making again."
"Perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers, or any time of year!!"
"I hardly ever use ground turkey but decided to make some sort of turkey loaf and this recipe seemed to fit the bill. It was just what I was looking for. Everyone loved it too. Mine seemed to be a little too moist but that may have been due to using a slightly lesser amount of ground turkey. Still loved it."