Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°.
Freeze option: Shape meat loaf in plastic wrap-lined loaf pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and wrap securely in foil; return to freezer. To use, unwrap meat loaf and bake in pan as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 303 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 712 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.