- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°.
Freeze option: Shape meat loaf in plastic wrap-lined loaf pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and wrap securely in foil; return to freezer. To use, unwrap meat loaf and bake in pan as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf
"My husband enjoys this meatloaf. After it bakes and cools I usually cut it into individual servings and freeze what I do not use for him. Sometimes I make small individual loaves to freeze after baking."
"Loved this recipe! I did not have seasoned stuffing cubes, so I cracked open a box of stovetop stuffing and used a cup of that. Had a hard time grating the onions so I gave up and just minced them. Used 1 teaspoon dried herbs in place of the fresh ones. The pan of meatloaf is very moist as another reviewer pointed out, but after you cut it and take from the pan to your plate there is no excessive moisture. Anyways, delicious way to use ground turkey!"
"I expected to be wowed by a turkey meatloaf with the flavors of Thanksgiving, I followed the recipe to a T, and was disappointed. The meat loaf mixture is way too moist (from the moisture in the ground turkey) and made for a sodden meat loaf. The topping was way too "liquid-y" to form anything like a caramelized glaze., and was way too sweet. Maybe increasing the hot sauce would have helped. Will not make this again."
"This is so easy and delicious. I omitted the cranberries, since no one in my family eats them. Awesome!!"
"Made this for dinner and it was very delicious. I loved the taste better than most other meatloaf recipes that I have tried. I didn't have a carrot, so instead I substituted zucchini. Will be making again."