Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and milk. Let stand 10 minutes; break up stuffing cubes with a fork. Stir in egg, celery, onion, carrot, cranberries, salt and pepper. Combine sage and rosemary; add half to the mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes; drain if necessary. Combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and remaining herbs; spread over meat loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Just-Like-Thanksgiving Turkey Meat Loaf(13)
Sort By :
This is so easy and delicious. I omitted the cranberries, since no one in my family eats them. Awesome!!
Made this for dinner and it was very delicious. I loved the taste better than most other meatloaf recipes that I have tried. I didn't have a carrot, so instead I substituted zucchini. Will be making again.
Perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers, or any time of year!!
I hardly ever use ground turkey but decided to make some sort of turkey loaf and this recipe seemed to fit the bill. It was just what I was looking for. Everyone loved it too. Mine seemed to be a little too moist but that may have been due to using a slightly lesser amount of ground turkey. Still loved it.
I LOVE this meatloaf!! I accidentally used Italian seasoned ground turkey once and it was still delicious. Now I make it with regular ground turkey and I add a small shredded sweet potato to the mix as well. My daughter doesn't like the topping so I just make turkey gravy for it! She love this meatloaf and requests it often!! It's great as leftovers with the Stuffing bread on this site. I warm slice of the meatloaf and put in on two slices of Stuffing Bread with some cranberry sauce...YUM!!! I used Bell's stuffing mix and Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix with great success! Now I make a double batch and cook one for dinner and put the other in the freezer for an easy weeknight meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Turkey >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >