- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecans, cream and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake 30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Use foil to lift bars out of pan. Place on a cutting board; carefully remove foil. Cut into 32 bars; cut each in half diagonally. Yield: 64 bars.
Originally published as Just-Like-Pecan-Pie Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p64
Reviews for Just-Like-Pecan-Pie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2012
"Haven't made it but let's get real here! 14g carbs sounds great but 64 servings in a 9x13 pan is about the size of a peanut. I call that false advertising!"