"This is a good way to extend the garden-fresh flavor of summer corn," writes Denise Goedeken from Platte Center, Nebraska. "It remains crunchy, buttery and delicious, whether warmed in the microwave or on the stovetop."
- 1 pound butter
- 20 cups fresh-cut sweet corn kernels (about 24 large ears)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a roasting pan. melt butter in a 325° oven. Stir in corn and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 75 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Immediately place the roaster in ice water to cool quickly, stirring frequently.
- Transfer corn to heavy-duty plastic freezer bags; freeze. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen corn: Reheat in a microwave or on the stove. Yield: 16 cups.
Originally published as Just Like Fresh Corn in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p34
Reviews for Just Like Fresh Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review