Just Like Fresh Corn Recipe
- 1 pound butter
- 20 cups fresh-cut sweet corn kernels (about 24 large ears)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a roasting pan. melt butter in a 325° oven. Stir in corn and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 75 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Immediately place the roaster in ice water to cool quickly, stirring frequently.
- Transfer corn to heavy-duty plastic freezer bags; freeze. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen corn: Reheat in a microwave or on the stove. Yield: 16 cups.
Reviews for Just Like Fresh Corn(3)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. I have successfully halved the recipe, substituted evaporated milk for the half and half, and kept it frozen longer than 1 month. It is quite delicious.
I love this recipe. I have successfully halved therecipe, substituted evaporated milk for the half and half, and kept it frozen longer than 1 month. It is quite delicious.
Best EVER~ I make this so we have it for the hollidays. It makes winter bareable, it's that good!