Just Delish Veggie Kabobs Recipe
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. Place potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or just until tender. Cool.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the apple juice, vinegar, basil, mustard, honey, soy sauce, oil, garlic and pepper. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and cooked potatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Drain and reserve marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread vegetables. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 4. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 kabob equals 168 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.