I first tried these kabobs at my son's cottage; they were a real hit. Invite your neighbors over for a grilling get-together and serve these wonderful skewers. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or just until tender. Cool.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the apple juice, vinegar, basil, mustard, honey, soy sauce, oil, garlic and pepper. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and cooked potatoes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread vegetables. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Just Delish Veggie Kabobs in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p39
Reviews for Just Delish Veggie Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review