Jumbo Zucchini Chip Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MASCARPONE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chips and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and Mascarpone cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pipe a dollop of frosting onto each muffin. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 726 calories, 46 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Jumbo Zucchini Chip Muffins
"I made only 6 because i wanted to be jumbo. A little thick but was ok . Baking them now they should be ok. Cant wait to try one"
"I used semi-sweet chips and also made 24 muffins instead of 12 (baked for about 25 minutes). I thought the mixture seemed dry, too; but they turned out great."
"I was a little concerned when the batter was so dry so I added coconut for moisture. They came out quite "heavy" looking, but after I tried one, it was yummy, moist and not dry, so I would definitely add the coconut again or maybe even a little applesauce next time. They are very filling, but nonetheless very tasty."
"Have made many times using nuts and coconut ,always a great sucess Thank yoi=u."
"I had many compliments on these. I thought they were good, but a little dry."
"Very good, made smaller size and used coconut instead of chocolate chips."
"Very delicious, filling muffin. Made it without the frosting and it was still very tasty. I think the frosting would make it too rich. Also made 24 muffins instead of 12. "
"YUM! My husband said this was the best thing I had ever made. I made 24 smaller muffins (20-25 min). I would add just a little less cinnamon and zucchini next time, just a little."