Jumbo Zucchini Chip Muffins Recipe
“There’s a hint of cinnamon in these moist, delicious muffins. For a variation, omit the chips and nuts, and add 12 ounces of sweetened, flaked coconut.” —Susanne Spicker, North Ogden, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- MASCARPONE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chips and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and Mascarpone cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pipe a dollop of frosting onto each muffin. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 726 calories, 46 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC