Jumbo Raisin Cookies Recipe
"When I was growing up, my mother would make these soft and spicy raisin cookies once a month," writes Becky Melander of Clinton, Michigan. "Since the recipe makes a huge batch, she would freeze some to snack on later."
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the water and raisins. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature (do not drain).
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins with any liquid.
- 3. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 179 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Jumbo Raisin Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC