Jumbo Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the water and raisins. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature (do not drain).
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins with any liquid.
- 3. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
2 each: 179 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Jumbo Raisin Cookies
"These cookies were delicious! I only made 1/2 recipe to try and I'm glad due to the amount of dough. This amount was at the top of my Kitchen-aid paddle! Only changes I made were to reduce the amount of nutmeg and to omit the allspice since I did't have any. I will definitely make these again!"
"Oh I love these cookies .I added some walnuts instead of the full 2 cups of simisweet chocolate , I add 1 cup of chopped walnuts and 1 cup of chocolate ."