- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, combine the water and raisins. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature (do not drain).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins with any liquid.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
Originally published as Jumbo Raisin Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p55
Reviews for Jumbo Raisin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2012
"Oh I love these cookies .I added some walnuts instead of the full 2 cups of simisweet chocolate , I add 1 cup of chopped walnuts and 1 cup of chocolate ."