- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans. Fill six greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Jumbo Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
"I saw the previous review that said these were dense and thought maybe these would be good as mini loaves of bread (as gifts for the holidays). While they tasted pretty good, I definitely think these would work better as muffins. In one of the loaves I put in dark chocolate chips and it tasted SO good. I will probably make these again, as muffins, and add in the chocolate chips."
"I liked the texture of these muffins and used my own mixture of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg instead of pumpkin pie spice. Will add more next time for more flavor. I also liked that they were not overly sweet."
"After reading the reviews about "too bland", I noticed I was out of vanilla, but had almond and wow what a great taste...pecans, pumpkin and almond flavoring...good choice. thanks..."
"I have made these muffins multiple times. I don't have a jumbo muffin pan so I made them regular muffin size and added mini chocolate chips. So good!"
"Received rave reviews at home and the office! Very moist!"
"My husband and I thought the texture was off, too dense for us. They also lacked flavor in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they did get eaten but just not what I expected."
"Sorry, they were lacking flavor for me."
"Wonderful, I hate to tweek a great recipe, but it was great w/ o nuts too. Amazing, my daughter said!"
"These are so good! Perfect with a cup of coffee on a cool morning...or warm morning...or for a snack...haha!"
"Excellent but definitely made these in smaller tins. On weight watchers and these muffins, based on 18 per batch are still approx. 6 points. BUT, if you make them in baby muffins, they aren't so bad and you get about 32. Those little bite size yummies just have to stop jumping off the plate into my mouth LOL."