Perk up an autumn morning with one of these hearty muffins. You'll really enjoy the pumpkin-spice flavor and crumbly nut topping…and so will everyone else! —Mrs. Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans. Fill six greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Jumbo Pumpkin Pecan Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p41
Reviews for Jumbo Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review