Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onions and cheeses.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 310 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins
"These were so moist and yummy! I made 12 regular-sized muffins, and my boyfriend and I loved them with the Mexican Chicken Soup recipe on this site."