Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onions and cheeses.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins
"These were so moist and yummy! I made 12 regular-sized muffins, and my boyfriend and I loved them with the Mexican Chicken Soup recipe on this site."