Chopped green onions and three types of cheese perk up these suppertime specialties. The large light-textured muffins have a golden look and savory flavor that's ideal with any entree. -Valerie Collier, Charleston, South Carolina
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onions and cheeses.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p27
Reviews for Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2010
"These were so moist and yummy! I made 12 regular-sized muffins, and my boyfriend and I loved them with the Mexican Chicken Soup recipe on this site."