Jumbo Molasses Cookies
"These gigantic molasses cookies remind me of the ones my grandmother used to make," remembers Joan Stull of Titusville, Florida. At nearly 4 inches across, they're nicely spiced, delightfully chewy and bound to be noticed!
42 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in molasses and
- eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and
- ginger; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1-2 hours.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls; roll in sugar. Place four
- cookies on a greased baking sheet at a time. Bake at 350° for
- 18-20 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium,