Jumbo Greek Sub
It's nice to make just one sandwich that generously feeds six people. This meal from our Test Kitchen is easy to transport to a tailgate party or potluck.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese or plain feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 15 to 20 cucumber slices (1/8 inch thick)
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a large resealable
- plastic bag. Add 3/4 cup salad dressing; seal and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil
- for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cool.
- Cut the top third off the loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out top and
- bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for
- another use).
- Brush remaining salad dressing on cut sides of bread. Sprinkle feta
- and olives in bottom half of bread. Top with chicken, red peppers
- and cucumber. Replace bread top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap;
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.