- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Delicious! Everyone ate them up in no time flat."
"Delicious cookie. I followed the recipe exactly, but I did make them smaller. I used 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop and they still came out pretty big!! My hubby loves white chocolate and he said these were awesome!"
"Great texture and these cookies freeze well!"
"Oh my gosh. This has to be the best cookie I have ever eaten and I do love cookies. There is a famous bakery here in New York called Levain Bakery. This cookie ranks right up there with theirs. It is Huge, chewy, buttery, and if you like coconut, which I do, you will not find a better cookie EVER!!!!!!Still soft and chewy if there are any left two days later."
"this are so good. I just cant tell you. thanks so much for sharing.. love love love these.."