Jumbo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies(10)
Sort By :
Great texture and these cookies freeze well!
Oh my gosh. This has to be the best cookie I have ever eaten and I do love cookies. There is a famous bakery here in New York called Levain Bakery. This cookie ranks right up there with theirs. It is Huge, chewy, buttery, and if you like coconut, which I do, you will not find a better cookie EVER!!!!!!Still soft and chewy if there are any left two days later.
this are so good. I just cant tell you. thanks so much for sharing.. love love love these..
It was recommended to me to add, 2 cups of Semi Sweet Choc Chips, 1 cup of Oatmeal and 1 tsp. of Cinnamon. Then for dipping, use Baker's White Chocolate and add 1 Tbsp of Crisco to help make it harden. They turned out wonderful.
This is my families favorite cookies. Instead of dipping I add white chips in the cookies, I also add toffee chips. My family like them thicker so I add 1/2 cup extra flour.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coconut Cookies >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >