Jumbo Chocolate Chip Squares Recipe
My husband and two boys love chocolate chip cookies, but these can take the place of their favorite cookie anytime! Two hints: Don't overbake them, and do use the chocolate chunks or jumbo chips that are available these days—they really make the difference.
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chocolate chunks or jumbo chocolate chips
- 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla; cool. Transfer to a bowl; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour and baking powder; stir into bowl. Add pecans and chocolate. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC