- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Love these cookies. My husband says they are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Rather than make 2 doz., I make them smaller and make 4 dozen. I also pressed them down on the cookie sheet to make them flatter."
"Excellent chocolate chip cookie! By far one of the best I've tried. I use a big cookie scoop and real butter as well. The chunks of pecans are awesome in this cookie but could be omitted if preferred."
"I just want to say that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have come across! I ate one shortly after I pulled them out of the oven and it was a like eating a little piece of Heaven! I will definetly use this recipe whenever I am craving homemade cookies. Very easy and quick baking time. I did leave the nuts out though."
"Just made these again yesterday....I always use real butter, just my preference. I toast the pecans and this time I added a cup or so of dried tart cherries along with the chocolate chips. Use an ice cream scoop....ya, they're GIANT....six per cookie sheet, but what the heck !LOVE 'EM !
"These are the best!!!"